The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Rain test and SHE HAS A NAME!

It is steadily raining and has been for a couple of hours (or more? I was sleeping) I checked on Polly... OMG! She has a name... I didn't name her exactly... I asked for suggestions and that was Michael's idea but I didn't dwell on any. I guess Polly Pocket it is. What I hear is "Polly wolly doodle all the day"!!! Even though a Zentangle is NOT a doodle!

Whoa, where was I? Oh yes, the rain. Inside the camper is very damp, but not wet. Sealing seams was a good idea, and since I didn't finish, I really know it was good. I ran a paper towel  along seams and those without ARE going to leak as they are damp now. If it rains hard they will give out.

The dampness is coming from the bed area. The canvas back there is only canvas. And since there is no hard top to divert the water, it just drips  down the canvas. I don't think it's a real problem, I mean, that's how a canvas tent responded to rain. But in this day of breathable nylon and rainflies, when I tent camp in the rain, I am DRY, and the only dampness comes in with me.

So, the question is "Can I/Should I try to waterproof the bunk end canvas?

No comments:

Post a Comment