The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

More About the Adventure

I was feeling as if I no longer desired adventure, but as I drove down to Fayetteville, the spirit reignited. I can't explain it well, but I'll share some of those little sparks.

I left late in the day after working at the lavender shop. I love working there and it was a lovely (albeit hot and  humid) day. I discovered a great back road route to Raleigh after camping and we have been using it ever since. So, I was driving a 2 lane road, with the windows down. I could smell honeysuckle waft through the open windows every once in a while. I love the smell and it felt like a gift. Little things. I passed through small towns, over rolling hills, rivers (Appomattox and James), ...

I spent the night with Jaks mother, arriving too late for anything but bed. The next morning I attended the "church" service at her senior living complex. It was great. The woman was a lay person sharing her gift. She was well studied and a good  storyteller.

Then I drove to Fayetteville. I have never driven this route (again, mainly on secondary roads) which passed through several more small towns, including Apex. What an interesting looking town! I even saw those little book lending boxes. So cute, shaped like a house with a glass window through which I  could see the books. The street was lined with interesting looking shops that I might have to go back to look at.

Passing by Fort Bragg made me think of a past love who was stationed there. I remembered his boot camp stories. His weekend trips up to see me. And I thought "If I'd had GPS in those days, I'd have made weekend trips down here". And I wonder why I didn't do that anyway?

All for now. Stay Zenful!

No comments:

Post a Comment