The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Monday, February 16, 2015

Glamping - Romantic Red

Ooh la la! Next up is a LOVE inspired tent theme. I have a white down comforter that is so yummy to sleep  with that the dogs are always trying to sleep on it. I started with that and added a fluffy soft red pillow that I made with some leftover fabric. I covered the floor with a bed sheet in a red print (over a rag rug for added protection and warmth). The bunting is simply a ribbon strung across the tent and I draped vintage handkerchiefs on it. A bud vase of red roses, red rose petals, and a battery powered candle set the mood for romance!

Tip: To hang the bunting, I tied metal washers to the ends of the ribbon and put a magnet outside the tent that caught the washer. Purchase magnets at the hardware store for much less than the craft store!

No comments:

Post a Comment