The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Blackout Poetry

I am not great at blackout poetry but I do find it rewarding.  If you have never tried it,  you should! My 11 year old granddaughter was excellent at it! Newspapers are perfect for using but an old book works great,  too. Go through the page and circle words. Black out everything else. That's it!

Today my Advent art journal page was already set up with a pocket and a cut out Christmas card as a tag on the pocket. I did it ahead of time. That left a block of text visable above the pocket.  I had already blackened a space and wrote the scripture for today in it (via Mt. Horeb's study in progress) which still left some text. So I did some blackout poetry in that space.  I was surprised at how well it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment