The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Day 2 and 3 - on to Michigan

I slept great and headed out the next morning. I couldn't shower because all the water was cold... well, I couldn't  completely shower. I think I have the opening and closing of Polly PUP down. It will be fine tuned add I go along but it's become fast and easy.

I picked Destiny up around noon. Then what should have been a 3 and a half hour drive became a SIX hour drive. Construction and traffic. Yuck. But we had plenty of time and to be honest, we stopped FOUR times! Once for grocery shopping, once for gas, once for drinks, and you know it, once for bathrooms.

We were joined by my mother at Brighton Recreation Area. Set up camp, Destiny claimed the camper, ate a very late dinner, and then a VERY bold raccoon tried to join us! He stayed in the tree right next to us while we ate and kept sneaking down trying to get a snack. I had to pack everything food related back into my car. I usually do that anyway, we have bears in Virginia.

Brighton, like most Michigan parks has rather close camp sites. But during the week it's fairly empty. And the bathrooms are nice! The lake was lovely. On Saturday, Destiny swam, but it wasn't  really that hot, so I watched. Then we went out to geocache and found it! Yay us!  Saturday night we went on the "owl prowl". Didn't see or hear any owls but hiking at dusk is divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment