The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

First Sunday of Advent!

It's here! Our time of anxiously awaiting. How appropriate that I have been with grandchildren for the past few days. As the holiday decorations come out and the Christmas music plays, they start their lists for Santa and their behavior reflects it!

This afternoon at Mt. Horeb the discussion will turn to Making Space for God. I won't be there in person but in my heart I have been exploring this. Advent, the time of preparation, is very introspective and personal.  You get to make a choice to indulge in the Advent experience!

The first activity to explore this season is TIME. In an effort to make a space for God in your life,  we need to open up some time. Take inventory of what your time is spent on. My pastor made this handy little worksheet to help us. If you would like a copy, let me know and Iwill email it to you.

In my art journal, since I am using an old library withdrawn book,  I have removed about half of the pages to make space for the extra stuff I will be putting into it. I will have a little time to do a page. I will post it when I  can.

O Come, Emmanuel!

1 comment:

  1. I am having a crazy hard time posting attachments. I had a post on Friday and Saturday that wouldn't post at all! I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete