The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Advent Journaling

I used to do an online Advent calendar each year. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work. I don't think the average Internet user has any use for what I used to do. SO, this year I will be leading an Advent Journaling experience here on this blog. I will try to post daily starting on the first Sunday of Advent, November 29. I will include a mix of journaling prompts, Zentangle step outs, a craft now and then, maybe we will share recipes and memories. The fun thing about using the blog is that we can interact.

If you are interested in joining in, you don't have to sign up or pay anything, just show up here once in a while. You will need a notebook or an old book to use for the journal and something to write with. Everything else is optional.

I'll be using this book. It is a withdrawn Christmas themed book from the library, copyright 1972. If you repurpose a book, I will be doing some  "junk journal" techniques that I will share along the way. I am not an expert. I just do what I do.

Also, I want you to be aware that if you join me on this journey,  I am a Christian, but I may include other source material other than the Bible. You can agree or disagree with my rather eclectic style, but you must always be respectful.  You must be respectful of my views and others who might participate. Thanks, I knew you would!

So, go start looking for a possible journal around your house! An old composition book, even if it's used,  would be cool. So would a Bible, especially if it's a version you don't particularly care for!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie! This is so exciting! I posted a link to your blog page on my church FB page -- hope you see some joiners herein from Reformation Lutheran Church in Culpeper, VA. Love and Peace, Amy Harwood

    ReplyDelete