The Journey ~

Life is a journey. Not a destination.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Repurposed Table

I don't know if I even have a before photo BUT I have had this square corner table with a shelf thing for years. It was in my mother's office  many moons ago. I was going to take it to a thrift store. Today I decided that if I could get the shelf part off, it might be usable. I had to hacksaw a screw, but otherwise it was rather a simple process.

So I thought it would be awesome to take the square table and Mod Podge  some scrapbook papers in a collage on the top... then I remembered a game from long ago. When our youngest was about 10 years old, we bought a Make-Your-Own-opoly game. We designed it after our pets. Why have I saved it all these years?

This is the table after applying lots of game cards and the game board with outdoor formula Mod Podge and a thin layer of resin. Turns out I need another thin layer of resin. I was afraid to pour it thick to start. I haven't had much experience with resin.

It's really  sweet anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment